I know that there are by far more people out there not iis/asp.net, and not all of this tiny rest are having to deal with the server (2003 and iis 6.0 that is).
Anyway, I was just setting up a flash application that uses flash video. So do a bit of surrounding html, upload the app and the .flv vids and ... done.
Oh bugger, it would have been so good if it would have worked.
The first thing I thought it has something to do with my code, but on my local iis it worked like a charm.
The best thing was, the file gave me a 404 when I tried to access it via the URL I used in the player ...
A good deal of time later i finally found this: How to set up .flv files on iis 6.0.
Here's the solution (copied from the above link, though)
- On the Windows 2003 server, open the Internet Information Services Manager.
- Expand the Local Computer Server.
- Right-click the local computer server and select Properties.
- Select the MIME Types tab.
- Click New and enter the following information:
- Associated Extension box: .FLV
- MIME Type box:flv-application/octet-stream
- Click OK.
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service.